Hi everyone! My name is Cooper. As you can probably tell by all the pictures of me I have taken over the blog. You might occasionally see posts from me but I have a pretty busy schedule you know. I eat, sleep, and well...what goes in must come out so I spend some time on the changing table as well. Here is some highlights of a day in my life as I see.

My day typically starts at about 1:30 to 2 am. That's when I wake up for my first night time feeding. Mommy is pretty good about getting up and out of bed before Daddy wakes up. She tries to let him sleep so that when she is tired during the day, Daddy and I can play while mommy naps. I am a big eater. I am into this cluster feeding right now so me and Mommy are pretty much up all night because I can't seem to fill my belly. I eat for about 30 minutes and then 15 minutes later I am hungry again. I think it is the life but I know it wears my mommy out so I am trying hard to get better. Last night I did a pretty good job. She and I got a little more sleep and my belly was full! If I cry long enough mommy rocks me on her shoulder like the picture above. It is one of my favorite things to do, and I think mommy likes it too. Sometimes my mommy will sing to me. My favorite song is "Jesus loves me!"

I sleep in what I think they call a Moses basket next to mommy and daddy's bed right now. Its pretty warm and cozy. I still am wearing hospital hats because they stretch around my head the best. There is this yellow and black thing in my bed that I love to stare at. I could stare at that little thing for hours. I over heard mommy and daddy call it a "bee" but I don't really know what that is all about. My friends Charyse and Trace gave me this basket and I am pretty sure they liked this "bee" also. You can even see the bee in the picture above. I eat about every 2-3 hours so I don't spend much time down...My mommy is pretty good about keeping my tummy full, but I let her know when I am hungry. I think our neighbors probably know when I am hungry.




While mommy naps Daddy and I get to play. Daddy is alot of fun and treats me like a big boy. We like to watch movies together and he even lets me sit on the couch all by myself for pictures. Yesterday we watched "Karate Kid." He takes alot of pictures while mommy is asleep (a few are posted above) to show her how much fun we have. Daddy changes almost all of my diapers too! Isn't he the greatest! I can't wait until I am a little bigger and get to go running with him in my BOB stroller. I love my Daddy alot.


In the evening I either get to play some more or watch movies with Mommy and Daddy or my Pops (Mommy's daddy) and Sami (Mommy's mommy) come over to visit. Either way it is alot of fun. Tomorrow my grandma and grandpa (Daddy's mommy and daddy) will be here to meet me. I am really excited and I bet they are too. I would say my life is pretty good right now. Except that mommy and daddy are a little slow with the diaper changes so I get very angry because I can't get to the milk fast enough. In return for there slow behavior I got them really good one night. I peed all over the wall and then while Daddy was screaming at mommy to get in here I pooped all over the mat. Mommy was laughing really hard at Daddy...if I could laugh I would have too!!! Well, that's about it for now...I think it might be time for me to eat!!! But in case you couldn't tell from my post....I think mommy and daddy are doing a pretty good job....I know they are really nervous but I love them and I know they love me!!

Don't you like my wall art?!?!?
My favorite people in the whole wide world...Mommy and Daddy. Don't the three of us look cute together. P.S. - Please don't laugh at mommy for looking so tired. We had just gotten home from the hospital that afternoon so she was still recovering from all her hard work and those nurses coming in at all hours of the night. Really, I'm the one to blame...but mommy and daddy love me way to much to put that kind of blame on my shoulders.

We love you Cooper!!! (From mommy and daddy)
5 comments:
Heidi- Cooper is adorable! You did good, and you look fab for a brand new mama!
Seriously... he's so cute!
We can't wait to join the fun in about 12 hours! We love you all and can't wait to meet the little guy!
Mom & Dad
love the wall art! ;) heehee
Wonderful pictures and update! He is a real cutie, and I can't wait to see him in just 2 weeks!
Wall art is only something a mother of boys can understand. Hang in there. Just try to remember to point his ooo-hooo south. ha ha
Post a Comment