Life is going well. For those of you who don't know I am a PA student currently on clinical rotations. FOr the past 2 weeks or so I have been in Nacogdoches for my general surgery, and that means away from Danny :(. But I have learned a few very insightful things (some of these won't make sense to you)
1. When in doubt cut it out
2. I hate gallbladders.
3. If you are going to have abdominal surgery ask the surgeon to take out your appendix while their in there. It will save you some time in the long run.
4. If you are scrubbing in the surgery and you have a cold...blow your noes before the surgery starts becasue wants you put the mask and the gloves on there is nothing you can do.
5. The most annoying thing about scrubbing in for surgery is getting and itch, especially on your face because you can't scratch it!
ENough of surgery insights...
Danny has started basketball season, so life is officially on hold until mid-February. He is really excited about this years team and so am!! He is the Varsity assisstant so the to-do list for him gets longer by the day. We are very excited that it is almost the "holiday season" meaning a break from school!!! Danny and I are very excited about going to Rochester, NY and Dayton,OH for Christmas this year to be with his family! I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IN THE SNOW!!! We will spend a fews days in Rochester, drive to Dayton and then fly back to Houston from there. My family gets to join us up north for Christmas so it will be great!
In other news my family and I have been running 5k's. Earlier this year my dad started walking with me and Danny. It was a brisk walk but not really a work out for Danny or I. My dad and I did the Relay for Life Cancer walk in Galveston together. We walked over 2 hours together late late in the evening. We were moving...who knows how far or fast we walked but after that day walking was not enough for my dad. He started run little by little and is now up to 7 miles a day. He runs 3.5 in the morning and 3.5 in the afternoon. We started running 5ks in July. The Freedom 5k has been a Heidi and Danny tradition but my parents joined us this year. We walked the first mile with my dad and ran the last 2 to complete the first family 5k. We ran a 5k on Labor Day ( and all had pretty good times). Danny finished first, then me, then my dad, followed by my mom. My dad got into this race thing and is training now with a goal of bringing his time down... SO the point of the story. Last weekend we ran the Monster Mash 5k. This time the family order was Danny, DAD, Heidi, and Mom. This was HUGE! FOr most of you that now me I used to be a decent runner:), and my dad kicked my butt! I was SO PROUD of him, who cares that I lost! My dad who hadn't ever run before ran a 22:50 5k and kicked my butt. I ran a 23:30. He is in such awesome shape. He has lost so much weight and is an "athlete in training" now. We are shooting for maybe a 5 mile race or a 10K if I can convince him of that by Thanksgiving. Anyways, I thought you all should now that my dad is awesome. Other highlights from the event, Danny placed 2nd in his age group, my dad placed 3rd in his age group, I placed 1st in my age group, and my mom who cut 6 minutes off her previous time placed second for her age group! I never thought I would ever be able to say my parents ran a 5k with me but it has happened and will keep on happening!
Well, thats enough for now! Hopefully I will keep up with this thing!
Sid's
8 years ago


1 comment:
Keep it up! I'm pregnant and have nothing better to do than busy myself reading about your life. :) And congrats to your parents!! That's insane that your dad beat you! Tell him I said way to go!!
Post a Comment