Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 11, 2009

is it or is it not?

So please don't laugh at me after reading this blog. 17 weeks is a little early from what I have been told to feel the baby move, but I think that is what I am feeling. I have felt little butterflies off and on but just let them slide, but last night was more than little butterflies. Last night I was lying in bed trying to study. I was rubbing my lower abdomen and I felt a little thump. It caught me off guard so I thought I would see it I could get it to happen again. So I rubbed my stomach again and and then just laid my hand right over where my uterus is. It was about 3 or 4 seconds and the thump happened again. So I did it again, and again, and again. I did it 4 or 5 times in a row and felt a little thump each time. I am not sure if it is was the baby or not but it made me laugh just thinking that it could be. I can't wait to know for sure if it was the baby or not. But for know I am just going to pretend it was the baby because it makes me smile! This is a truly amazing time and I thank God so much for blessing me with this pregnancy and my future child :)

3 comments:

Kandy said...

Girl- You better believe it was the baby - And who better to know that than it's MOMMY! That is a moment you will never forget! God is so GOOD!
Love you!

Lauren Waggoner said...

I believe it was too! And, just so you know, I'm now blog-stalking you. :)

Wish you were at uplift with us!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

No doubt it was your sweet baby BOY saying hello. I know I certainly doubted it the first times I felt it, but sure enough - my mommy instincts were right, and yours are too. What a special time! Don't forget that you are tiny, tiny, and tiny, and tiny people tend to feel the baby earlier than larger people do... But you're the medical person here. You probably already knew that. :)
Keep us posted. It's so fun to read your pregnancy happenings. It brings back good memories. (Except the vomitting and sick part. That is NOT a fun memory.) ha ha