Have you ever wondered how a baby knows what the next step of development is?!? It is amazing to watch a little one discover that he can suck his toes, roll over, eat his fists, swallow something a little thicker than milk, push his torso off the ground, try to pull his knees under him...oh this list could go on! It is just awesome to think how God has pieced all this together and babies just know. I think it a true miracle to watch a baby grow and change...there is NO WAY in the world a baby would grow, change, and develop without a master Creator. How would they? Cliché maybe...but I can see God hands at work with everything Cooper has done since birth. From the first big smiles to the giggles and squeals His hand is at work! God created us with so much care and design. My friend's little boy is very into art right now, I have seen him sit at a table and color and color and color, or lie on the floor creatively designing a little card with stickers. He works so hard to make everyone of his artistic creations perfect! On my drive home from visiting them today I started to think about our Creator. With a smile, I pictured God laying on his tummy drawing, cutting, adding, taking away until finally he created one of his millions of precious children...and then started all over with the next child. Each one receiving the same love, attention, and focus as the next. We are all so different! Watching Cooper change and grow has really opened my eyes to how our Father loves us! He made us unique, special, and allows us to change, develop, and grow in his own time. Isn't neat to think about God spending time with just you in front of him. He worked and worked and worked until you were just the way HE wanted! It is so easy to fall into the trap of not feeling pretty or worth anyone time, but YOU are worth God's time! He used all of his creative juices to make me who I am and you who you are! WOW! What an amazing God!
Well, since I haven't posted since Cooper was 4th months old there are alot of updates! Cooper is now just past 5 months. He is rolling everywhere. He LOVES to play on his tummy! He has since he was 2 weeks old...but now that he can roll over I hardly ever catch him on his back! He is talking up a storm (well, really squealing) and is getting quite the personality. If you aren't giving him the attention he wants he with grunt at you and get louder and louder until you do. From his tummy he can pretty much turn circles to see or grab whatever he wants. If you take a toy away from him that he wasn't finished with you are going to get it! He is just so precious! He loves his rice cereal (he always makes himself gag or throw up after the first bite; I am assuming a texture thing...but the sits there with his mouth wide open for the second bite)! Once Danny is home for the summer we will start with the veggies!!! Nothing really new with me...just working and loving the life as a mommy! Danny is still job searching in the Sugar Land area. He has had one interview and has another one today so we will keep you posted! I will close with a few pictures!!!
Quack, quack!
Big and tall! He thinks he needs to be standing already...thank goodness for those arms holding us up :)
Mom...I would really appreciate it if you would move me a little closer to brown stuff! I think I might like to taste it...:)


3 comments:
So big and so cute! Glad he's doing well :)
Precious thoughts! Loved the shout out. :)
Ahhhhhh! Loved reading the thoughts from a new mother. Once the second kiddo comes along, you can forget the magic of it all. Thanks for reminding me!
Post a Comment