There has been alot of change in our lives over the past 2 weeks. First, I started working on March 1st. It was kind of bitter sweet. I really enjoy being a PA and love working, but I LOVE being with my son all day long and watching him grow and change every minute. Cooper is staying with my mom during the day. It sounds like he is doing great and he seems to enjoy hanging out with Tripp and Ty. I am enjoying the working life and know I picked the right career :)! Cooper seems to change in spurts! Cooper has learned lots of knew tricks since Sunday, March 7th. On Sunday, Cooper discovered his voice! He has cooed and gurgled for awhile, BUT on Sunday he started squealing, squawking, and screaming. He lays on the floor and talks and talks and talks...if we leave the room he gets louder and louder. It is the cutest thing!! I am going to work on getting a video of this posted. Cooper has never really showed an interest in toys...He looks at them and bats at them occasionally but he would much rather have a person to play with. Monday night we put him in his bumbo and handed him a toy. He instantly reached his hands out grabbed hold and no faster than we could blink shoved it right into his mouth. Danny and I just starred at him! It was soooo cute! Now he loves to have a toy to play with. He does just hold it either. He will wave it around or shove it in his mouth. I think he realized that toys were made for his mouth :). The drool has started too which combined with spit up means a soaking wet little person 90% of the time. Cooper is happy little fella so we couldn't be happier :)! We can't wait to introduce cereal and see what he thinks. He watches us eat and even tries to grab at our plates if he gets close enough. His four month visit is on the 25th of March but a week ago today he weighed 15 lbs 7 oz at my dad's (well, I guess it's my office too now).
Daddy and me!!
I'm going to be this big!
Playing with my feet!
Hi Macy!! She was much more interested in Cooper than he was in her! I'm sure that will change :)!
Helping mommy with dinner! I help with a smile :)!
My first time to pick up a toy and put it in my mouth with no assistance!
Mom, where are you going?!?
Getting ready for a Sunday morning run...gotta keep my ears warm!
I leave you with some food for thought...The first week or so that I was at work Cooper was angry with me. He would look and smile at everyone but me...he looked at my mom, Danny, and any friendly face at church. But not me. It was a rough week! I wanted nothing more than to go back to being his favorite person! I was the one who he smiled at the most...One morning before work Cooper just screamed at me...He wouldn't look at me, smile at me, or basically acknowledge that I was there. He ate and then stared away. I was heart broken! After I dropped him off I started to realize that I am guilty of the same thing, but to my Heavenly Father. All, God wants is for me to love Him the way He loves me...yet I get caught up in life and think that I have everything under control...I take back the steering wheel and pretend He was never there. Granted, I don't do it consciously but it happens! My goal this week has to been to try to show more love to the person who loves me the most. I am trying to live with more joy for Him and praise him not only for what he has blessed me with but for who He is! Thank you God for loving me even when I look away!
4 comments:
Ah... the "everything-goes-in-my-mouth" business. Isn't it just great?
My cell phone has been sacrificed to this favorite pastime of baby boys- after many a mouth bath, it will randomly decide to call whatever number I dialed last. Needless to say, I irritated the people at CenterPoint one day.
He's getting more and more adorable every day!
Heidi, I feel the same way! I know I need to remember that focus, too!
And Cooper is pretty cute these days!
Loved this post! The way he's looking at you in the picture on y'all's deck is priceless. Thank you for the food for thought you left me with. :) Love you!
oh, and i adore your new blog look. i may have to update mine now! :)
Post a Comment